Why you Should Upgrade your HVAC Filter System
We all spend time out in the world, breathing in harmful pollutants, harsh chemicals, noxious fumes and countless other allergens. When you are back in the safe confines of your own home, it makes sense that you want the air indoors to be as clean as possible.
That said, the average home is packed full of all kinds of irritants and allergens that can damage your health. A whole home air cleaner is one of the smartest additions you can make to your dwelling.
What kinds of allergens can you find in a typical home?
- Pet dander – If you have any pets, their dander can become a real irritant to the eyes, nose and throat. Even if you do not have a pet allergy, over time their dander can cause anyone to become sensitive to Felix or Fido.
- Dust mites – Dust mites are also sometimes caused bed mites, and they are the most common allergy trigger found in house dust. They are commonly found in warm and humid places.
- Household cleaners and cleansers – We all need to keep our homes clean, and while natural products are good alternatives, they cannot do all jobs. Bleach, oven cleaner, ammonia and other household cleansers can all trigger negative reactions in adults, children and pets.
- Perfumes and cosmetics – While some of us love the scents of floral and sweet perfumes, they can cause massive headaches and other allergies for others.
- Pollen – Even though we typically associate pollen with the great outdoors, seasonal hay fever sufferers know that also invades the indoor space. This can result in agony for those who have allergies to pollen.
- Smoke and smog – Whether it is from cigarette smoke or outdoor pollution, smoke and smog can all invade your indoor space and pollute the air you breathe.
- Mold and mildew – Even the most fastidious housekeepers can fail to remove all of the mold and mildew in their space. Hidden mold can become airborne and cause serious irritation to your lungs.
All of the above can cause breathing issues and other health problems, and so more and more people are looking for ways to improve their indoor air quality.
Why choose a whole home air cleaner vs. a one room unit?
When faced with the list above, many people start thinking about air purification systems. You might be tempted to buy a small unit that has been designed to work in one room alone. This can be a big mistake and a waste of money – they simply do not work! You can easily imagine that the air, once cleaned in one room, is simply going to mix with the uncleaned air in the rest of your home!
Here are three great reasons why any homeowner should choose a whole home air cleaner:
1. It cleans your entire home – As you can infer from the name, a whole house air filtration system will clean the air in your entire home! A portable air filter can usually only handle one room in your home, and so this is a much better and more effective investment.
2. They extend the life of your heating and cooling system – A whole home air cleaner can extend the life of your existing HVAC system. It reduces the amount of dust in the air, which means that your filters and ducts stay cleaner for longer. A cleaner system offers longevity and peak performance.
3. They are whisper quiet – A portable air cleaner has the tendency to be quite loud and cause a huge racket! It can be hard for kids to sleep with all of that extra noise. A good whole home air cleaning system can purify your entire home’s air without being seen or heard. They integrate tidily into your home’s HVAC, and they make very little extra noise.
When you install a whole home air cleaning system you will gain the peace of mind that comes from knowing that you are providing your family with cleaner air. They are affordable, quiet and easy to maintain – for health’s sake, every homeowner should install one.